Install the Ethereum app on your Ledger Nano S or Ledger Blue device to manage Ethereum (ETH) with Ledger Live. The Ethereum app is developed and supported by Ledger. View the Ethereum wallet page to learn more about Ethereum.
Before you start
Install the Ethereum app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Ethereum in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Smart contracts not supported in Ledger Live
- Add your accounts to Portfolio.
- Send or receive crypto assets.
- Manage ERC20 tokens with MyEtherWallet or MyCrypto.
- Ethereum paid for your transactions is called Gas.
- Gas Price: Amount of Ethereum used per unit of Gas. This determines the speed of your transaction.
- Gas Limit: The maximum units of Gas you will pay. If this is set too low, your transaction can be refused for being Out of Gas.
If you have sent ETH to an address generated using any other app than the Ethereum application on your Ledger hardware wallet, Ledger currently does not provide a way to recover your ETH.