Install the Ethereum app on your Ledger hardware wallet to manage Ethereum (ETH) with Ledger Live. The Ethereum app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Ethereum wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
Install the Ethereum app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Ethereum in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Smart contracts not supported in Ledger Live
- Add your accounts to Portfolio.
- Send or receive crypto assets.
- Manage ERC20 tokens (experimental feature).
- Ethereum paid for your transactions is called Gas.
- Gas Price: Amount of Ethereum used per unit of Gas. This determines the speed of your transaction.
- Gas Limit: The maximum units of Gas you will pay. If this is set too low, your transaction can fail for running Out of Gas. Only the ETH worth of burnt gas will be deducted from your balance, the amount that was supposed to be sent remains in your account.