This article will help you set up your first Ledger VeChain (VET) account.
Never send VET to an ETH address
VEN is an ERC20 token to be swapped for the main net VeChain coins with the ticker VET. Never send main net VET coins to an Ethereum address as this may result in loss of tokens.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the VeChain app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the VeChain (VET) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.