This tutorial describes how to use Sync2 web wallet with your Ledger device to create a VeChain account and manage VET and VeChain tokens.
Before you start
- Do a complete update of your Ledger setup to ensure Ledger Live and your Ledger device are running the latest apps and software. Learn more.
- Download the latest version of the VeChain (VET) app on your Ledger device.
Connecting your Ledger to Sync2
- Go to https://lite.sync.vecha.in/#/, click Get Started, choose a Password then click Next.
- Confirm your password.
- Let Sync2 generate a wallet then click Finish.
This wallet is a standalone Sync wallet which is not linked to your Ledger wallet.
- Since we won't be using this wallet, you can safely ignore the backup prompt and click Dismiss.
- Click the hamburger icon then click the (+) button.
- Open the VeChain app on your Ledger.
Your device should display: Application is ready.
- Click Link Now then select your Ledger device in the pop-up and click Connect.
- Click Link.
- Select your Ledger wallet from the menu.
- Rename your wallet to something more descriptive like "Ledger Wallet" then click OK.
- Click on the card in the center of your screen.
Your Ledger VeChain account appears.
- Click the QR code icon to reveal your account address and use this address to send VET and VeChain tokens to your Ledger account.
Managing VeChain tokens
- Click the (+) button to open the Assets menu.
- Toggle the tokens you want to display in the wallet then click < to go back to the dashboard.
Your tokens appear on the dashboard, you're done!
Before you go
- The above mentioned steps outline the preferred method of transferring VET and VeChain tokens to your Ledger wallet.
- Please avoid sending VeChain assets to your Ledger Ethereum (ETH) account.
- Additionally, when withdrawing VeChain assets from any cryptocurrency exchange, it is imperative to choose the VET/VeChain network.