This article will help you set up your first Ledger VeChain (VET) account.
Never send VET to an ETH address
VEN is an ERC20 token to be swapped for the main net VeChain coins with the ticker VET. Never send main net VET coins to an Ethereum address as this may result in loss of tokens.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the VeChain app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the VeChain (VET) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
VeChain support in Ledger Live
- VeChain accounts cannot be created and managed in Ledger Live for the moment.
- Use third-party Sync with a Ledger device to create your first Ledger VeChain account. Please follow this guide to learn more.
This tutorial describes how to set up and use the Sync web wallet with your Ledger device to access your Ledger VeChain (VET) account(s).
Before you start
- Make sure the latest version of the VeChain app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Make sure to close Ledger Live as it can conflict with Sync.
- Make sure to download and install the latest version of the Sync wallet via this link.
Accessing your Ledger VeChain account(s) via Sync
- Connect your Ledger device and open the VeChain app on your Ledger device.
- Open Sync wallet on your computer.
- In the app, select Create Now.
- In the next screen, select the Ledger logo.
A list of accounts appears.
- Name your device then click Import.
Your Ledger VeChain accounts appear.
- Select an account and copy the address using the copy icon.
You can safely send VET and VTHO to this address.
Before you go
- The steps above describe the recommended way to send VET and VTHO to your Ledger wallet.
- Please do not send VET and/or VTHO to your Ledger Ethereum account.
- When withdrawing VET or VTHO from Binance, make sure to select the VET network.