The Ledger Live application can be used with multiple Ledger devices. You can either use multiple devices yourself or share a computer with multiple people that each own their device(s).
Add accounts from multiple devices
A Ledger device gives access to the crypto asset accounts associated with the 24-word recovery phrase it was configured with.
Devices with different recovery phrases
If you've initialized multiple devices with different recovery phrases, each device controls a different set of accounts. In that case, follow these tips:
- First, add the accounts linked to the first device, and repeat for your other device(s).
- Name the accounts such as to know which device it belongs to, assuming that you've labeled the devices.
- Always connect the device that controls the selected account when sending or receiving.
Devices with the same recovery phrase
If you've initialized one device and restored the same recovery phrase on another, both devices control the same accounts. In that case, both hardware wallets can be used interchangeably with Ledger Live. You can freely add accounts, as well as verify and sign transactions with either of the two devices.
Share a computer with multiple people
To share a computer with multiple owners of a Ledger device:
- Add a user account in your operating system for each person.
- Log in to your personal user account to use Ledger Live with your hardware wallet(s).