Enable password lock to prevent unauthorized access to Ledger Live data stored on your computer. The password encrypts all sensitive user data, including your account names, public addresses and transactions.
A password can be set at the initial setup or at any later moment:
- Click on Settings.
- Click the password lock toggle ( ).
- Choose your password in the window that opens.
- Enter your password again to confirm.
- Click Save.
You can always return to change or disable your password.
Lock and unlock your session
- Click on Lock in the top bar.
- Your Ledger Live session will be locked.
- To unlock, enter your password and press Enter.
- Your session should resume.
- Make sure to remember your password. Do not share it.
- Losing your password requires resetting Ledger Live and re-adding accounts.