- The download for Tronscan desktop for Windows is reported to contain malware.
- Windows users are recommended not to use Tronscan desktop for the time being. Only use the Tronscan web app.
- Crypto assets secured by your Ledger device are not affected by malware on your computer.
Before you start
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
- The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
- A TRX account costs 1 TRX. Simply send a minimum of 1 TRX to open your account. This amount will remain locked as enforced by the Tron protocol.
Install the TRON app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find TRON in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Connect to Tronscan
- Open the Tronscan web app in Chrome, Firefox or Opera.
- Click Open Wallet at the top right corner and click Open_Ledger.
- Click Open Wallet once your Ledger device is connected.
Sending and receiving
The Tronscan web app does not currently support verifying the receive address. Always send a small amount first, only to proceed with larger amounts if the first transaction was successful.
- Keep the Tron app opened on your Ledger device to sign transactions.
- Tronscan will show a popup with the transaction details when a transaction signature is needed. Always verify all transaction details on your device before approving them. Signatures are required whenever you vote, send TRX or change account name.
Tron accounts cannot be added to Ledger Live.