Zcoin becomes FIRO
This article will help you set up your first Ledger Firo (FIRO) account.
The FIRO app is developed and supported by the Firo community.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to the Manager and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- If your Ledger device needs a firmware update, please follow this guide (Nano S user) or this guide (Nano X user).
- Install the Bitcoin (BTC) app on your Ledger device (the Firo app requires it). More on this here.
Install the Firo (FIRO) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Search for the Firo (FIRO) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
- Ledger Live does not support Firo accounts for the moment.
- To create your first Ledger Firo (FIRO) account or access an existing Firo account, please follow the steps below:
The Firo app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera, or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports require by default manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the Firo app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.