Use the Manager in the Ledger Live application to install and uninstall apps on your Ledger device.
How apps work
- Your Ledger device securely stores your private keys giving access to your crypto assets.
- Install apps on your device to manage different crypto assets. To manage your Bitcoin, you need to install the Bitcoin app.
- Ledger devices have limited storage and the size of apps varies. You can safely install and uninstall apps when you need to without losing access to your accounts. Your private keys stay safe on your device and on your Recovery sheet.
- Click Manager in the left panel.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Press the right button to allow the Manager on your device.
The Manager now opens, showing your device information and the app catalog below it.
- Search for the app to install in the App catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
If there's not enough storage space, simply uninstall some apps to make room. This does not affect your crypto assets.
- Search for the app to uninstall in the App catalog.
- Click the Trash button of the app.
- An uninstallation window appears.
- The uninstallation is confirmed.
To uninstall the Bitcoin or Ethereum app, make sure all Bitcoin and Ethereum dependent apps are uninstalled first.