Use the Manager in Ledger Live to install or uninstall apps on your Ledger hardware wallet.
How apps work
- Your Ledger device securely stores your private keys giving access to your crypto assets.
- You need to install apps on your Ledger device to manage different crypto assets. Install the Bitcoin app to manage Bitcoin accounts.
- Ledger devices have limited storage and the sizes of apps vary. You can safely install and uninstall apps when needed. Your private keys stay safe on your device and backed up on your Recovery sheet.
Step by step
- Click on the Manager in the left panel.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Press both buttons to allow the Manager on your device.
The Manager will show your device information as well as the App catalog and the Installed apps below it.
- Search for the app to install in the App catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app. Your device will display Processing...
- The app will be installed on your device.
- You can install multiple apps at once by clicking their Install buttons. Wait for the installations to finish before you quit the Manager.
If there's not enough storage space, simply uninstall some apps to make room. By uninstalling apps, you will not lose your crypto assets since your private keys always remain secure on your Ledger hardware wallet.
Apps don't hold any sensitive information. You can freely uninstall them and reinstall them later. The private keys giving access to your crypto assets stay on your device.
- Click on Apps installed to see the apps currently on your device.
- Find the app you want to uninstall.
- Tap the Trash button to uninstall it.
- You can uninstall multiple apps at once by clicking their Trash buttons. Wait for the uninstallation process to finish before you quit the Manager.
If there are app updates available, you will see a notification bar once you enter the Manager.
Simply click on the Update all button to have all your apps updated automatically. Wait for the updates to finish before you quit the Manager.
Number of installable apps
The number of apps you can install depends on the apps and Ledger device you are using. The Manager in Ledger Live shows the used storage per app and the storage remaining. Some apps are larger than others.
App storage spaceThe storage space for apps is the total storage space of the device minus the firmware size. The firmware size can vary depending on the firmware version.