You can add accounts for the crypto assets managed by your Ledger device. By adding your accounts your public addresses are stored on your computer, so Ledger Live can track your balance.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
- Check which crypto assets are supported in Ledger Live. Others require an external wallet.
- Make sure the required crypto asset app is installed on your device.
Example: to add Bitcoin accounts, make sure that the Bitcoin app is installed. ERC20 tokens require the Ethereum app.
Step by step
- On the left panel, click on Accounts.
- Click the Add account button.
- Type or click the drop-down list to choose the crypto asset of the account to add. Click Continue. If you cannot find a crypto asset, it is likely not supported in Ledger Live. Check this article to learn how to manage crypto assets that are not supported in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device, open the app of the selected crypto asset. Click Continue. Ledger Live will look for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Select existing accounts section accounts are shown that already have blockchain transactions. Add a checkmark to the account(s) to add and choose a name for them.
- In the Add new account section you can add a new account by adding a checkmark. This is not possible when the last created account of that crypto asset has not received a transaction yet.
- The Accounts already in Portfolio section lists the accounts that are already in Portfolio and thus can not be added.
- Click Continue. Your account(s) will be added to the Portfolio.
- Click Add more to continue adding accounts. Otherwise, close the Add accounts window.
Remove an account
- Go to the Accounts page.
- Click on an account to view its details.
- Click the wrench icon in the top-right corner to open the Edit account window.
- Click the Delete button.
You've successfully added your account(s) to Ledger Live. On the left panel, click on any account to view its details. Check the following articles to learn how to: