You can send crypto assets from your accounts in the Ledger Live application to a recipient address. Use your Ledger device to verify and approve the transaction.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received on the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts. If there's a doubt whether a transaction has gone through, simply check back a few minutes later.
Before you begin
- You can only send crypto assets that are supported in Ledger Live.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device. Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Click Send on the left panel.
- Type or use the drop-down list to select the account to debit.
- Enter the Recipient address. For optimal security, make sure always to double-check addresses that you copy and paste.
- Enter the Amount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue*.
- Choose the Network fees from the drop-down list. A higher fee leads to a faster processing of the transaction. Learn more...
- Click Continue.
Verify and sign
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
- Click Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
- Press the right button to confirm and sign the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation.
- Click View operation details to track the transaction and check whether it's confirmed.
The countervalue you enter is converted to the amount of the crypto asset to send through an intermediary exchange to Bitcoin using the exchange rate providers selected in Settings. By default, the rate providers with the highest 24h-volume are are selected.