Restore a configuration on a Ledger Blue device to restore, replace, or clone a device. The Ledger Blue will recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.
Note: Set up your device to generate new private keys and save the associated recovery phrase.
Before you start
- Get the recovery phrase to restore. BIP39/BIP44 recovery phrases are supported.
- Update to the latest firmware version.
- Verify your computer has:
- at least Windows 8, macOS 10.10, or Linux.
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports.
- an internet connection and Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
- Connect the Ledger Blue to your computer using the USB cable.
- Press the button to turn on the device. The Welcome screen is displayed.
- Tap Restore configuration.
Choose PIN code
- Choose a PIN code between 4 and 8 characters long.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your PIN code a second time. Tap Continue to confirm.
Enter recovery phrase
- Select the length of your recovery phrase (12, 18 or 24 words).
Note: Ledger hardware wallets generate 24-word recovery phrases.
- Start typing Word #1.
- Select Word #1 among the suggested words.
- Repeat the process for each word of your recovery phrase.
- Your device is ready is displayed if you've successfully entered your recovery phrase.
- Tap Start to enter the dashboard.
If your recovery phrase is not valid
- Make sure the correct recovery phrase length is selected. Always enter all words of a recovery phrase.
- Verify that the order of the words entered on the device matches the order written on your Recovery sheet.
- Check that all the words of your recovery phrase are on the BIP39 word list.
You've successfully restored a configuration on your Ledger Blue.