Initialize your Ledger Blue device to get started. The Ledger Blue will generate new private keys to securely manage your crypto assets.
Note: Restore a configuration to recover the private keys associated with an existing recovery phrase.
Before you start
- Make sure your device has the latest firmware installed.
- Verify your computer has:
- Windows 7+, macOS 10.8+ or Linux;
- a USB port. Use an adapter for USB-C ports;
- an internet connection and Google Chrome / Chromium installed.
- Connect the Ledger Blue to your computer using the USB cable.
- Press and hold the power button to turn the device on. The Welcome screen is displayed.
- Tap Configure as new device.
Choose a PIN code
- Choose a PIN code between 4 and 8 characters long.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter your PIN code a second time.
- Tap Continue to confirm.
Save your recovery phrase
Your 24-word recovery phrase will be displayed on the Ledger Blue. Be careful, your recovery phrase will be displayed only once.
- Take the blank Recovery sheet supplied in the box.
- Read the Important notice on the device, then tap Continue.
- Write down words 1 to 4 on the Recovery sheet. Verify that you have written each word correctly on the Recovery sheet and at the same position as on the device.
- Press Next to move to the next words or Previous to go back. Repeat the process of copying and verifying each word until the Confirmation screen appears.
- Type the word that is at the requested position on the Recovery sheet and tap on it once it appears on the screen.
- Repeat the process for all requested words until Your device is ready is displayed.
- Press Start to enter the dashboard.
You've successfully initialized your device. Proceed to: