Install the Bitcoin Private (BTCP) app on your Ledger device to manage BTCP with the Electrum BTCP application. The Bitcoin Private app is developed and supported by the Bitcoin Private community. Check the Bitcoin Private wallet page to learn more.
BTCP accounts cannot be added to Ledger Live.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Install the Bitcoin app, since Bitcoin Private requires it.
Install the Bitcoin Private app
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Find Bitcoin Private in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
- Check the Electrum BTCP user guide (Mac/Windows or Linux) for step-by-step instructions and solutions to common problems.
- Check the BTCP community on Twitter if you require assistance.