You can send crypto assets from addresses controlled by your Ledger Nano S to a recipient address with the Ledger Live application.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received by the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live is ready to use and you've got crypto assets to send.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device.
Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Click the Send button on the left panel or at the top of an account page.
- Type or use the drop-down list to select the Account to debit.
- Enter the Recipient address. For optimal security, make sure always to double-check addresses that you copy and paste. Click on Continue.
- Enter the Amount to send or its countervalue*. You can also click on Send Max to empty the account.
- Choose the Network fees from the drop-down list and Click on Continue. A higher fee leads to a faster processing of the transaction. Learn more >
- Verify the transaction summary before clicking on Continue.
Verify and sign
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- Open the app as instructed and click on Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device by pressing the right or left button to view all transaction details.
- Press both buttons to Accept and send the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation. Choose Reject to cancel the transaction.
- By clicking on View operation details you may track the transaction until it gets confirmed.
You may safely disconnect your hardware wallet once you've verified an address or approved a transaction. Crypto assets are transferred on their blockchain network to the address generated by your device, nothing gets physically sent to your device.