You can send crypto assets from addresses controlled by your Ledger Nano S to a recipient address with the Ledger Live application.
Always send a small amount first. Then verify that the transaction was properly received by the recipient address before proceeding to send larger amounts.
Before you begin
- Ledger Live is ready to use and you've got crypto assets to send.
- Check that the right app is installed on your device.
Ex: install the Bitcoin app to send Bitcoin.
Enter transaction details
- Click Send on the left panel.
- Type or use the drop-down list to select the account to debit.
- Enter the Recipient address. For optimal security, make sure always to double-check addresses that you copy and paste.
- Enter the Amount of the crypto asset to send, or its countervalue*.
- Choose the Network fees from the drop-down list. A higher fee leads to a faster processing of the transaction. Learn more...
- Click Continue.
Verify and sign
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- Open the crypto asset app as instructed.
- Click Continue.
- Carefully verify all transaction details on your device.
- Press the right button to confirm and sign the transaction if everything is correct. The transaction is then signed and sent to the network for confirmation.
- Click View operation details to track the transaction until it gets confirmed.
You may safely disconnect your hardware wallet once you've verified an address or approved a transaction. Crypto assets are transferred on their blockchain network to the address generated by your device, nothing gets physically sent to your device.
The countervalue you enter is converted to the amount of the crypto asset to send through an intermediary exchange to Bitcoin using the exchange rate providers selected in Settings. By default, the rate providers with the highest 24h-volume are selected.