This article explains how to access your Ledger HBAR account via third-party wallet HashPack.
Before your start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Hedera (HBAR) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- HashPack does not provide Ledger support on Firefox, make sure to use the Chrome browser.
Import your Ledger Hedera (HBAR) account to HashPack
- Unlock your Ledger device and open the Hedera app.
Your device displays Awaiting Commands.
- Go to the HashPack website and select Launch Web App.
Ensure your Nano is connected to your computer, unlocked, and has the Hedera app opened up. The screen should say “Awaiting commands”.
Click on the “Connect Hardware Wallet” button.
Create a password (minimum 12 characters), agree to the terms and conditions, then click Next.
Select Ledger as Hardware Wallet type.
Ensure the Hedera app is open on your Ledger, then click the Get Public Key button.
Click on “Importing existing wallet”, then click on “Connect Ledger”.
- Your public key is then displayed on your Nano. Scroll all the way to the right to confirm the entire string, then press both buttons to continue.
- Give your wallet a unique name, select your preferred currency, then click “Import Wallet”.
Your account will then be accessed and you will be routed to your main account page where you can manage your Hedera assets.
Staking HBAR with Hashpack
You can find detailed instructions on how to stake HBAR coins with your Ledger device and Hashpack here.