This guide provides instructions on staking Internet Computer (ICP) coins using the Network Nervous System application.
Staking ICP coins through Ledger Live is not supported for the moment.
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger live via this link.
- Make sure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware. Learn more.
Install the Internet Computer (ICP) app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to My Ledger.
- Connect your Ledger device and unlock it.
- If prompted, allow Ledger Live to access your device.
- Look for Internet Computer (ICP) in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to download and install the app.
Connect your Ledger device to Internet Computer network
- Go to My Ledger and download and install the Fido U2F app.
- Go to https://nns.ic0.app/
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the Fido U2F app and press both buttons simultaneously to open the app. Your Ledger screen should display the words: Ready to authenticate.
Visit this page to learn more about the Fido U2F app.
- Select Sign in with Internet Identity.
- Select Create an Anchor.
- Name your device then click Next.
- Select Security Key.
- Click Ok.
- On your Ledger device, press both buttons simultaneously to confirm the registration of your Fido identity.
- Next, verify you're human.
- Copy your Identity Anchor number and record it carefully. Once done, click Continue.
Ledger does not have access or knowledge of your Identity Anchor number, as such is crucial to record and store it carefully.
- After creating your Identity Anchor, you will be prompted to choose a recovery method. Your Ledger 24-word recovery phrase is essential for accessing your Identity Anchor. You have the option to select a second Ledger device with a different recovery phrase as a backup, or you can choose to skip this step.
- The Network Nervous System app dashboard appears, select +Add Account.
- Select Attach Hardware Wallet.
- Name your wallet then click Continue.
- Open the Internet Computer app on your Ledger then click Connect to Wallet.
- Select your Ledger device then click Connect.
- Finally, click Attach Wallet.
Your Ledger account appears in the app.
- To begin staking your ICP coins, head to the My Neuron Staking section, then choose Internet Computer followed by Stake Neurons.
- Ensure you select your Ledger account from the dropdown. Then, specify the amount you want to stake and click on Create to initiate the staking transaction for your ICP coin
You will then receive a prompt on your Ledger device to review the staking transaction. Use the device buttons to review the details, and if everything appears accurate, confirm the action to start staking your ICP coins.