This article will help you set up your first Stacks (STX) account.
Currently, the mobile version of Ledger Live does not support the creation of Stacks (STAX) accounts. We are actively working on this integration. In the meantime, please use the desktop version of Ledger Live to create and manage your STX account
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger Live.
- Update the OS on your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
All set? Great, let’s dive in.
Install Stacks (STX) on your Ledger device
- Connect your Ledger device and unlock it.
- In Ledger Live, navigate to My Ledger.
- Confirm that you allow My Ledger to access your device. You can do that by clicking both buttons on your device simultaneously.
- Go back to Ledger Live. In My Ledger, head over to the App catalog and search for Stacks (STX).
- Click Install.
Stacks is installed on your Ledger device. Now let’s add it to Ledger Live.
Add Stacks (STX) account to Ledger Live
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts.
- Click Add account.
- Choose STX from the drop-down list.
- Click Continue.
- Connect your device to Ledger Live and unlock it.
- Open the Stacks (STX) app on your device.
- Click Add account.
That’s it, the Stacks (STX) account is added to Portfolio.
- Connect your Ledger device to your computer and unlock it.
- Using the buttons, open the Stacks (STX) app on your device. Your Ledger displays: Application is ready
- Open Ledger Live and click Receive.
- In the drop-down list, select Stacks (STX) and click Continue. Your Ledger device displays: Verify address.
- Use the right button to scroll through the Address. Make sure the address that shows on your device screen is identical to the one in Ledger Live.
- If all looks good, press both buttons and then again press both buttons one more time to confirm the address.
- Copy the address and share it with the sender. Ensure that the address does not change after you copy/paste it.
When receiving Stacks (STX), rest assured—no memo tag is needed.
You can send STX from your account, using a Ledger device to verify and approve transactions.
Pro tip: Send a small amount first and verify that the transaction was received before sending larger amounts. If you’re unsure whether a transaction was successful, check back in a few minutes.
- In the left sidebar menu, go to Accounts and click Stacks (STX). You’ll see that you can send and receive STX.
- Click Send.
- Enter the recipient's address. Double-check the address and click Continue.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- Check the transaction summary—Amount, Network fees, and Total to debit—and click Continue.
- Confirm and approve the transaction on your Ledger device—press both buttons simultaneously to Approve. Press both buttons simultaneously to Accept and send the transaction.
The transaction is sent. Your account balance will be updated when the blockchain confirms the transaction.
Important: When sending Stacks (STX), remember to add a memo tag. Confirm the specific tag with the recipient or exchange.