This tutorial describes how to stake Tron (TRX) coins with TronScan and get rewards*.
TRX staking is currently not available through the Ledger Live mobile and desktop apps due to the deprecation of the Stake 1.0 API. We're working to reintroduce staking functionality to Ledger Live as quickly as possible. For more information, please consult this article.
How to Stake Tron (TRX) with TronScan
- Ensure version 0.4.2 or higher of the Tron app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Go to https://tronscan.org/
- Connect your Ledger to TronScan (instructions available here)
- Once connected, enter your account and then select Resources > Stake 2.0.
- Select My Stake > Stake TRX.
- Select the resource to obtain, the staking amount and click Confirm.
- Using the buttons, review the staking transaction on your Ledger device. If all looks good, navigate to the Sign transaction screen and press both buttons simultaneously to sign the transaction.
- TRX balances that have been staked using the Stake 2.0 API will not appear in Ledger Live until we have integrated the API.
- However, you can continue to monitor your staked TRX balances by using TronScan.
- Staking TRX for resources gives you an equivalent amount of Tron Power. This power can be used to vote for Super Representatives, allowing you to earn TRX rewards.
Select Vote to earn rewards.
- If needed, re-connect your Ledger device to the Votes portal. Once connected, you can allocate your votes across your chosen Super Representatives then select Vote and confirm the transaction on your Ledger device and finalize your vote.
*Rewards are not guaranteed. Ledger does not provide any financial advice or recommendation.