NEO, initially known as AntShares (ANS), is a platform utilizing distributed ledger technology for the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications. Founded by Da Hongfei and Erik Zhang, it has been the first open source blockchain in China. The NEO coin has quickly climbed in popularity and price charts (for a while), earning the title of “Chinese Ethereum”. NEO’s blockchain algorithm is called Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance (dBFT), meaning that consensus nodes are chosen by NEO holders to generate blocks and validate transactions.
Before you start
- You've initialized your Ledger device.
- The latest firmware is installed.
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
Install the Neo app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Neo in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Set up NEON wallet
- Download the NEON wallet.
- Open the the Neon wallet once you've installed it.
- Open the Neo app on your device.
- Click Login using the Ledger Nano S in the Neon wallet.
- Click Use Ledger Nano S. Your account will now show.
You can use you wallet as shown below.
Send and Receive NEO
- Share your public address with the sender to receive GAS or NEO. Verify the address on your device screen before sharing it.
- Click Send to create a sending transaction. Fill out the recipient address, the amount and fees. Verify the transaction details on your device before confirming it.
- Press a single button to verify the different transaction details.
- Press both buttons to select Confirm TX. The transaction is then signed and broadcasted.
- Select and confirm Deny TX to cancel the transaction.
NEO accounts can not be added to Ledger Live.