We're currently experiencing some difficulties with VTC transactions in Ledger Live. Thank you for your patience while we're working to fix this issue. In the meantime, you can use the following workaround to manage VTC:
- Remove your VTC account. To learn how to remove an account, refer to this article.
Don't worry, removing an account doesn't affect your crypto assets.
- In Ledger Live, go to Settings > Help > Clear cache.
- Add the VTC account you have previously removed. For step-by-step instructions, refer to this article.
You should now be able to manage your VTC in Ledger Live.
Install the Vertcoin app on your Ledger device to manage VTC with Ledger Live. The Vertcoin app is developed and supported by Ledger.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Install the Bitcoin app, as Vertcoin requires it.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Vertcoin in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
The Vertcoin app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports by default require manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the Vertcoin app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.
Legacy addresses start with a V. This is Vertcoin's original address format. The option to add legacy addresses in Ledger Live is planned.
SegWit addresses start with a 3. The SegWit upgrade reduces network fees, speeds up transaction signing on hardware wallets, and enables second-layer solutions like Lightning Network. By default, new accounts added in Ledger Live are SegWit accounts.
Bech32 addresses start with vtc1. These are native SegWit addresses that feature safety and security improvements. This address format will be implemented in Ledger Live.
To export VTC accounts from your Ledger device to another software wallet, please use the custom path m/49'/128'/0'/0/0. The VTC app erroneously does not use Vertcoin's regular derivation path (m/49'/28'/0'/0/0). Correcting this error would create unnecessary inconvenience for our users, so this is not planned.
Vertcoin transactions are public information. Do not re-use your addresses for optimal privacy. Ledger Live automatically generates new addresses and keeps track of your previous ones. Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.