Install the Dash app on your Ledger device to manage DASH with the Ledger Live application. The Dash app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Dash wallet page to learn more.
Things to know:
- Ledger Live doesn't support sending Dash mining rewards. If you try to send rewards from your Ledger account, you'll get an error message (Missing Inputs).
- We strongly recommend that you don't receive Dash mining rewards to your Ledger account.
- In that case, you'll have to export your private key to a compatible third-party wallet, such as Coinomi or Guarda wallet. Learn more -> Export your accounts
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Find Dash in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
The Dash app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera, or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports by default require manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the Dash app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.
- Dash addresses start with an X.
- Ledger Live does not support sending to Dash addresses starting with a 7 (multisig addresses).
Dash transactions are public information. Do not re-use your addresses for optimal privacy. Ledger Live automatically generates new addresses and keeps track of your previous ones. Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.