Install the OpenPGP app on your Ledger Nano S device to sign encrypted messages through GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG). This app is for developers that are proficient in using OpenPGP. It becomes available in the Manager if Developer mode is activated in Settings > General.
The private keys used are not generated by the seed configured on the Ledger Nano S. Carefully back them up by yourself. An experimental add-on can generate the PGP keys from the seed, although it is not fully tested.
- a Ledger Nano S running the latest firmware version.
- GnuPG to manage your keys.
Install the OpenPGP app
- Go to Settings > General in Ledger Live.
- Enable Developer mode.
- Open the Manager.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Find OpenPGP in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Setup and usage
Check the developer documentation on Github to learn how to set up and use OpenPGP.