U2F timeout in Chrome
Due to changes in Chrome, U2F timeout issues on web apps like MyEtherWallet may occur. Please ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware and reinstall the app in the Manager. Also try updating USB drivers on Windows.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your Ledger device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Get Google Chrome or Firefox.
Install the Ethereum app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Ethereum in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
- Check the MyEtherWallet user guide for setup instructions.
- Reach out to MyEtherWallet via email for support.
- Activate contract data in the settings of the app if you want to send ERC-20 tokens, else invalid status 6a80 is returned.
Please note the derivation paths used by Ledger Live and the Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome app:
- Ledger Live creates new ETH accounts in the path: m/44'/60'/0'/0.
- Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome App uses the path: m/44'/60'/0'.