U2F timeout in Chrome 72
Google Chrome 72 breaks Ledger device support on web apps like MyEtherWallet (U2F timeout).
We are investigating the issue. Meanwhile, please use the Brave or Opera browser.
Set up and use MyEtherWallet (MEW) to manage tokens on various blockchains based on Ethereum, such as ETH, ETC, ERC20 tokens, POA, RSK and UBQ. MyEtherWallet supports the Ledger Nano S and the Ledger Blue directly on Google Chrome.
Before you start
- Install the latest Ethereum app version on your device using the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Activate contract data in the settings of the app if you want to send ERC-20 tokens, else invalid status 6a80 is returned.
Step by step instructions
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Open the app of the crypto asset to manage.
- Go to vintage.MyEtherWallet.com.
- Select the crypto asset network in the top-right corner. Ethereum is selected by default.
- Click the Send Ether & Tokens tab.
- Click Ledger Wallet.
- Click the Connect to Ledger Wallet button.
- Select which HD derivation path and address to manage in the popup window.
- Ledger Live creates new ETH accounts in the path: m/44'/60'/0'/0.
- Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome App uses the path: m/44'/60'/0'.
- Click Unlock your Wallet.
And voilà! You can now manage crypto assets on various blockchains based on Ethereum.
Your account balances are shown in the column on the right.
- The account address is shown in the column on the right-hand side in MEW.
- Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
To receive safely:
- Click Display address on Ledger. Please verify that the address shown on your Ledger device matches the address shown in MEW. Press the right button on your device if it is correct.
- Copy and share the Account Address with the person or service that will transfer to your account. Make sure you double-check the address if you copy and paste it.
Always start by sending a small test amount. Proceed only with larger transactions if the test transaction was successful.
- Enter the To Address. Please verify the address when you copy and paste.
- Enter the Amount to Send and keep the gas limit at the default 21000.
- Click Generate Transaction.
- Verify the amount, address and fees on your Ledger device.
- If all details are correct, confirm the transaction to sign it. The raw and signed transaction will then be displayed in MEW.
- Click Send transaction. A final confirmation popup will appear so you can check the transaction details a final time.
- Click the blue button. The signed transaction will now be broadcasted to the network.
Invalid status 6a80: Set contract data to Yes in the settings of the Ethereum app to send ERC-20 tokens.