FIDO U2F is a two-factor authentication method (2FA) developed by the FIDO Alliance that is supported on the Ledger Nano S and Ledger Nano X devices. It works with several web services, like Facebook, Dashlane, Gmail, Dropbox, GitHub, etc. Check our Fido U2F page to learn more.
- FIDO U2F increases account security as both your password and Ledger device are required to log in.
- FIDO U2F is not related to cryptocurrencies. It's an additional utility for your Ledger device.
Before you start
Step by step
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Find FIDO U2F in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
- Open FIDO U2F on the dashboard of your device.
- Go to the security settings of web services partnering with FIDO U2F and follow their instructions to register your device: Facebook, Dashlane, Google, GitHub, Dropbox.
- If you delete and restore your recovery phrase on the same Ledger hardware wallet, you simply need to reinstall the Fido U2F app to regain access to your FIDO-protected account.