Sometimes a transaction can remain pending in the Last operations list for a long time, up to several days. The time before a transaction gets its first confirmation depends on:
- the rate of network fees or gas included in the transaction.
- the current load of pending transactions within the blockchain network.
Wait until the transaction is dropped
- You can choose to continue waiting for a confirmation. The transaction may be confirmed, even if it can take days.
- You can also wait until the transaction is dropped from by the network, although this is not very likely to happen, depending on the specific network.
- When the transaction is dropped, it will disappear from your Last operations.
Increase the network fees
Instead of waiting, you can increase the network fees to accelerate your transaction. Currently this is only possible in the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app. It will be implemented in Ledger Live later.
- Open the Ledger Bitcoin Wallet Chrome app.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- Click on the pending operation to open its details.
- Click the lightning icon in the bottom left corner. The tool will propose you an increased network fee rate such that the transaction will urgently be confirmed.
- Carefully review the fee rate, it can be very high.
- Either accept or cancel, and confirm on your Ledger device.