Buy crypto assets in the Ledger Live desktop application to receive coins directly in your Ledger account. This service is offered through our partner Coinify and supports buying BTC, ETH, DOGE, DOT, and many more with a credit card, debit card, or bank transfer. Find out which crypto assets are supported for buy.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your Ledger device.
- Make sure your Ledger device has the latest firmware version.
- Update Ledger Live to at least version 2.5.0.
Create your account
- Click on Buy crypto on the left sidebar.
- Choose a crypto asset to buy and the account to receive your coins in. Then click on Continue.
Click on Add account if you don’t have an account yet.
- Connect and unlock your device, open the required application.
- Enter the amount to buy and click on Buy now. You can also click on Login at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your email address, choose a password, and confirm it. Then click on Create account after ticking the box if you agree with Coinify’s Terms of Service.
You can also log in if you are already a Coinify user.
- Click on the confirmation link that is sent to your email address.
- Choose your country of residence. You can only use Coinify if your country of residence is listed.
Verify your identity
- Take out your photo ID and click on Continue to proceed with the one-time identify verification. This is required by Anti-Money Laundering Regulation.
- Answer the questions about your planned account usage and click on Continue.
- Complete the in-app identity verification. If the camera does not work, follow the instructions to complete this step on your smartphone.
- Click on Trade now once the verification is complete.
If the camera does not work due to a permission issue, please follow the instructions to complete this step in your (smartphone) browser. If that does not work either, you will receive an email from Coinify a few hours later from which you can complete the identity verification.
Buy your coins
- Enter the amount to buy and your preferred currency.
- Choose a payment method and click on Continue.
- An overview of your order is shown, it remains valid for 15 minutes.
- Click on Confirm after ticking the checkbox if you accept Coinify’s Terms of Service.
- (optional) Verify that the address shown in Ledger Live matches the one on your Ledger device. Press the right button to select Approve then both buttons to validate.
You don't need to verify the address on your device but it brings a higher level of security.
- Enter your payment details and click on Continue to complete your purchase.
You have now purchased crypto in Ledger Live! Your coins will be delivered straight to your Ledger account and secured by your Ledger device. It may take some time for the transaction to process and confirm. Check the History tab to track the status of your order.
Redeeming a Coinify voucher
To redeem a Coinify voucher, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be in an eligible country, state, or territory. Please refer to our Eligibility page to see if you are eligible.
- Use a payment method accepted by Coinify.
- Purchase a minimum of $50 in the crypto of your choice on the Coinify exchange accessible through Ledger Live.
If you meet these conditions, you can redeem your voucher by entering it in the promo code field when reviewing your transaction on the Coinify interface through Ledger Live.
Ledger does not have access to any information regarding your orders via Coinify.
If you have a question: