You can manage ERC20 tokens in Ledger Live using the Ethereum app on your Ledger device. Up to 1,250 ERC-20 tokens are supported. Please refer to our list of supported crypto assets to see which ones.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Get your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Install the latest version of the Ethereum app on your device.
Update your Ethereum accounts
- Click on Update now in the blue notification banner that appears on the Accounts or Portfolio page.
- Click on Start update after checking the list of accounts to update.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device, open the Ethereum app and click Continue.
- Please wait while the accounts managed by your Ledger device are being updated.
- The accounts update will be completed if the device you connected holds the private keys of all your Ethereum accounts. Otherwise, you will be prompted to connect the device that holds the private keys of the remaining accounts.
View the ERC20 tokens
If you already have an Ethereum account with ERC20 tokens, you can view your tokens in Ledger Live.
- On the Accounts page, click on Show tokens under the Ethereum account that holds the tokens.
- You can hide token accounts with zero balance: Settings > Accounts > Hide empty token accounts.
Send and receive tokens
You can now send and receive ERC20 tokens. Get started by sending your ERC20 tokens to the Ethereum account of your choice. The token accounts will only appear after the token transaction has been confirmed on the Ethereum blockchain. The Ethereum account you send tokens to will be the parent account of your token accounts.
Make sure your parent Ethereum account holds some ETH to pay for the network fees of token transactions.
About ERC20 countervalues
- Countervalues for ERC20 tokens are calculated as follows: Token > ETH > BTC > Fiat.
- You can choose the Rate provider for each trading pair (Token > ETH) by going to Settings > Crypto assets > Rates.
- If the countervalue is too low, it will display zero.
- If the available rate providers have no trading pair with ETH, no countervalue can be displayed.