You can manage ERC20 tokens in Ledger Live using the Ethereum app on your Ledger device. Up to 1,250 ERC-20 tokens are supported. Please refer to our list of supported crypto assets to see which ones.
Before you start
- Update Ledger Live through the notification banner or download the latest version.
- Get your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Install the latest version of the Ethereum app on your device.
Add an Ethereum account
- On the left panel, click on Accounts.
- Click the Add account button.
- Type or click the drop-down list to select Ethereum (ETH). Click Continue.
- Connect and unlock your device, open the Ethereum app. Click Continue. Ledger Live will look for existing accounts in the blockchain. These are then displayed one by one.
- In the Accounts step, different sections can appear:
- In the Select existing accounts section, the accounts shown already have blockchain transactions. Add a checkmark to the account(s) to add and choose a name for them.
- In the Add new account section, you can add a new account by adding a checkmark. This is not possible when the last created Ethereum account has not received a transaction yet.
- The Accounts already in Portfolio section lists the accounts that are already in Portfolio and thus can not be added.
- Click Continue. Your Ethereum account(s) will be added to the Portfolio.
- Click Add more to continue adding accounts. Otherwise, close the Add accounts window.
View the ERC20 tokens
If you already have an Ethereum account with ERC20 tokens, you can view your tokens in Ledger Live.
- On the Accounts page, click on Show tokens under the Ethereum account that holds the tokens.
- You can hide token accounts with zero balance: Settings > Accounts > Hide empty token accounts.
Send and receive tokens
You can now send and receive ERC20 tokens. Get started by sending your ERC20 tokens to the Ethereum account of your choice. The token accounts will only appear after the token transaction has been confirmed on the Ethereum blockchain. The Ethereum account you send tokens to will be the parent account of your token accounts.
Make sure your parent Ethereum account holds some ETH to pay for the network fees of token transactions.
About ERC20 countervalues
- Countervalues for ERC20 tokens are calculated as follows: Token > ETH > BTC > Fiat.
- You can choose the Rate provider for each trading pair (Token > ETH) by going to Settings > Crypto assets > Rates.
- If the countervalue is too low, it will display zero.
- If the available rate providers have no trading pair with ETH, no countervalue can be displayed.