This article will help you set up your first XRP account with your Ledger device and Ledger Live.
Before you start
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer. You can learn more about how to get started with Ledger Live here.
- Open Ledger Live, connect your Ledger device to My Ledger and make sure your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Update the firmware of your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the XRP app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the My Ledger tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Search for the XRP app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
The XRP app is developed and supported by Ledger.
Create your first XRP account
Read before creating a new XRP account
- The XRP network requires that all new accounts permanently lock 10 XRP (previously 20 XRP) to be activated.
- This requirement is enforced by the XRP network, and not by Ledger. You can learn more about it here.
- To activate your XRP account, simply send 10 XRP to your Ledger XRP address.
- The reserved amount is locked and can only be partially recovered by deleting your Ledger XRP account. More on this here.
- Open Ledger Live, go to the Accounts tab and select +Add Account.
- Select an XRP (XRP) account and click Continue.
- Using the buttons, open the XRP app on your Ledger device.
- Name your account and click Add account to finalize adding your account to Ledger Live.
- Click Done, you're all set!
Receive XRP into your account
- Navigate to your XRP account and click the Receive button.
- Verify that the correct receiving account is selected and then click Continue.
- Now it's time to verify your address. Using the buttons, carefully verify that the address display on your Ledger screen matches the address displayed in Ledger Live.
- If all looks good, copy the address in Ledger Live then Approve the address on your Ledger device using the buttons.
You're all set! You can now use this address to send XRP coins to your Ledger account.
Sending XRP from an exchange? Read this first
Sending XRP to your Ledger XRP account from an exchange usually doesn't necessitate a memo/destination tag, but some exchanges may require one. If required, you can input any string of characters or numbers as the memo, such as '0000' or '1111'.
Bear in mind, some exchanges only transfer to activated addresses. You can activate your address by sending at least 10 XRP from a different source.
Also, some exchanges may require your address to be converted to an x-address before you can send XRP to your Ledger wallet. Learn more about this here.
- Learn more about XRP and the XRP network by reading our XRP FAQ article.
- Familiarize yourself with the tag system by reading the information provided below.
- When sending XRP from your Ledger wallet to a crypto exchange, it's crucial to add a memo/destination tag.
- To add a tag when sending to an exchange, enter the Tag given by the exchange. Your Ledger device does not require a specific tag to receive XRP. You can learn more about the tags here.
- Trustlines are used to represent and hold tokens within the XRP network. While Ledger Live does not currently support Trustlines, you can set trustlines by connecting your Ledger device with third-party applications, such as XRPToolkit. Learn more here.
- If you see the Ledger sequence too high error message in Ledger Live, it's likely because more than 48 seconds have passed before confirming a transaction.
To rectify this, ensure you approve your transaction on your Ledger device within 48 seconds.