Install the XRP app on your Ledger device to manage XRP coins with Ledger Live. The XRP app is developed and supported by Ledger.
Before you start
- Ledger Live is installed and set up on your computer.
- The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
Install the XRP app on your Ledger device
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Search for the XRP app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- Your Ledger device displays Processing.
- Ledger Live displays Installed.
- Create your first XRP account in Ledger Live. Learn more
- Receive XRP into your XRP account. Learn more.
- Send XRP from your XRP account. Learn more.
- Learn more about XRP and the XRP network by reading our XRP FAQ article.
Important information about creating new XRP accounts
- The XRP network requires that all new accounts lock 20 XRP to be activated.
- This requirement is enforced by the XRP network, not by Ledger. You can learn more about it here.
- To activate your XRP account, simply send 20 XRP to your Ledger XRP address.
- The locked amount can only be recovered by deleting your Ledger XRP account. More on this here.
- It's important to add a destination tag when sending XRP from your Ledger wallet to a crypto exchange.
- To add a Destination tag when sending to an exchange, enter the Tag given by the exchange. Your Ledger device does not require a specific tag to receive XRP.
- Some exchanges only send to activated addresses. Activate the address by sending at least 20 XRP from another source.
- Trustlines are not supported in Ledger Live.
- The error message Ledger sequence too high occurs if you've waited more than 48 seconds to confirm a transaction in Ledger Live.