Install the XRP app on your Ledger device to manage XRP tokens with Ledger Live. The XRP app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the XRP wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- An XRP account costs 20 XRP. Simply send a minimum of 20 XRP to your new account to activate it. These 20 XRP will remain locked as enforced by the Ripple (XRP) protocol.
- Ledger Live is ready to use.
- The latest firmware is installed on your Ledger device.
Install the XRP app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find XRP in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
- To add a Destination tag when sending to an exchange, enter the Tag given by the exchange. Your Ledger device does not require a specific tag to receive XRP.
- Some exchanges only send to activated addresses. Activate the address by sending at least 20 XRP from another source.
- Trustlines are not supported in Ledger Live.
- The error message Ledger sequence too high occurs if you've waited more than 48 seconds to confirm a transaction in Ledger Live.