We are currently experiencing some difficulties with DOGE transactions in Ledger Live. As far as we know, there isn't a third-party compatible wallet that you could use in the meantime. Besides, when you make DOGE transactions, make sure to not mistake your Dogecoin (DOGE) address for your DigiByte (DGB) address. DOGE addresses start with a capital D whereas DGB addresses start with a capital S.
Install the Dogecoin app on your Ledger device to manage DOGE with Ledger Live. The Dogecoin app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Dogecoin wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Install the Bitcoin app, as Dogecoin requires it.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Dogecoin in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
The Dogecoin app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports by default require manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the Dogecoin app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.
Legacy addresses start with a D. This is Dogecoin's original address format.
Dogecoin multisig addresses start with an A. Ledger Live cannot create these addresses, but you can send transactions to them.
Dogecoin transactions are public information. Do not re-use your addresses for optimal privacy. Ledger Live automatically generates new addresses and keeps track of your previous ones. Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.