This article applies to the following products:
- Ledger Nano (not Nano S)
- Ledger HW1
If you get a "wallet is not supported" error, itis because the Nano/HW1 has been flashed without a security card hash.
Try this method:
- Launch the Ledger Wallet Chrome app (v1.1.2 or more)
- Plug the Nano in the USB port
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+U or ⌘+SHIFT+U (Mac)
- Follow the instructions
If it doesn't work, then try this other update method:
- Go to http://hardwarewallet.smartcard.io/chrome_extensions.html and install both the chrome extensions "Application support" and "Content script support"
- Go to https://fup.hardwarewallet.com/ledger/ and follow the instructions of the "BTChip HW.1 / Ledger Wallet Firmware Update" page.
- Type in the required field the 32 characters in hexadecimal of your security card (found under the QRCode in your Recovery Sheet)
- Click on "Start update" and follow instructions
- Come back to the Chrome application once update is finalized