Stellar (XLM) now requires Ledger Live version 2.34.4 and above.
Install the Stellar app on your Ledger device to manage your lumens (XLM) in Ledger Live. The Stellar app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Stellar wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- A Stellar account costs 1 XLM. Simply send a minimum of 1 XLM to your new account to activate it. This 1 XLM will remain locked (reserved) as enforced by the Stellar protocol.
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device for your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Retrieving your locked 1 XLM
While closing your Stellar account to get back the reserved 1 XLM is technically possible, it requires your Stellar account's private keys, which are stored in your Ledger device. At present, there are no Ledger-compatible tools that can safely facilitate this process. Therefore, we strongly advise against trying to close your account until such tools are available.
Install the Stellar app
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger to access your device.
- Find Stellar in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Deposit to exchange
Most exchanges require you to enter a memo to identify your account when depositing. Carefully follow the deposit instructions of your exchange. Make sure you use the right Memo Type and enter the Memo exactly as instructed.
When you send funds from an exchange to a Ledger Stellar account, you don't need a memo. You can enter a random number.
You can learn more about the memo tags here.
Adding Stellar tokens in Ledger Live
Starting from Ledger Live Desktop 2.45 and Ledger Live Mobile 3.5 it becomes possible to manage Stellar token USDC directly in Ledger Live. First, you need to add a trust line for the USDC token. You can do that in Ledger Live.
Adding trust line
- On your XLM account page in Ledger Live, click Add asset.
- Choose an asset: USDC and click Continue (make sure your Ledger device is connected to your PC and the Stellar app is open).
- Review the transaction on the Ledger device and in Ledger Live and confirm.
- Once the transaction was broadcasted, you can start to send and receive USDC on your XLM account.
- Once you receive your USDC, it will appear as a token on the XLM parent account
- Add your accounts to your Portfolio.
If you’re already managing XLM on a Ledger device, Ledger Live will recognize these automatically when you add a Stellar account.
- Send or receive crypto assets.
- Buy XLM directly into your Ledger Stellar account through Ledger Live. Learn more here.
- Learn more about XLM and the Stellar network here.