Install the Stellar app on your Ledger device to manage your lumens (XLM) in Ledger Live. The Stellar app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Stellar wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- A Stellar account costs 1 XLM. Simply send a minimum of 1 XLM to your new account to activate it. This 1 XLM will remain locked as enforced by the Stellar protocol.
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Ensure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware.
Install the Stellar app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Stellar in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Deposit to exchange
Most exchanges require you to enter a memo to identify your account when depositing. Carefully follow the deposit instructions of your exchange. Make sure you use the right Memo Type and enter the Memo exactly as instructed.
When you send funds from an exchange to a Ledger Stellar account, you don't need a memo. You can enter a random number.