Stellar (XLM) now requires Ledger Live version 2.34.4 and above.
After the recent Protocol 18 upgrade, Stellar (XLM) will require Ledger Live version 2.34.4 and above to be functional.
There is no fix for Ledger Live Mobile at the moment. Our engineering team is working hard to deploy it as soon as possible.
- To manage Stellar (XLM) in Ledger Live, please update Ledger Live Desktop through the notification banner or download the latest version.
Install the Stellar app on your Ledger device to manage your lumens (XLM) in Ledger Live. The Stellar app is developed and supported by Ledger. Check the Stellar wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- A Stellar account costs 1 XLM. Simply send a minimum of 1 XLM to your new account to activate it. This 1 XLM will remain locked as enforced by the Stellar protocol.
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device for your Ledger Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X.
Install the Stellar app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Stellar in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Deposit to exchange
Most exchanges require you to enter a memo to identify your account when depositing. Carefully follow the deposit instructions of your exchange. Make sure you use the right Memo Type and enter the Memo exactly as instructed.
When you send funds from an exchange to a Ledger Stellar account, you don't need a memo. You can enter a random number.
You can learn more about the memo tags here.