Install the Stellar app on your Ledger device to manage your Stellar (XLM) using the Stellar account viewer or StellarTerm. The Stellar app is developed and supported by the Stellar community. Check the Stellar wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
Install the Stellar app
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Stellar in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
Open Stellar account viewer
- Open the Stellar account viewer.
- Open the Stellar app on your device. The button in the Connect Ledger Hardware Wallet section becomes blue when your device is detected.
- Click on Sign in with Ledger.
Use the Stellar account viewer
Receive Lumen (XLM)
To receive, share your Stellar public key with the person or service that wants to send. The account must first receive a minimum of 1 Lumen (XLM) to be created.
Send Lumen (XLM)
- To send, enter the recipient address in the To field in the Send lumens section.
- Enter the amount to send.
- Add a memo if you're depositing to an exchange. This is required for most exchanges.
- Click Send lumens. The transaction details will be displayed for verification.
- Click Submit transaction to verify and sign it on the Ledger device. The transaction details will be displayed one by one on your device.
- Validate on your device to confirm each of the following:
- confirm transaction
- transaction type
- amount and token
- destination address
- transaction fee
After confirmation, the transaction will be securely signed on your device and broadcasted to the network.
The error Ledger sequence too high appears if you've waited too long to confirm the transaction.
Deposit to exchange
Most exchanges require you to enter a memo to identify your account when depositing. Carefully read the deposit instructions of your exchange.
- For help on the Stellar Account Viewer, reach out to the Stellar community on Reddit or Github.
- For StellarTerm, reach out by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter.
Stellar accounts cannot be added in Ledger Live.