XST service on Ledger Live will be terminated soon
Once the delisting of XST takes effect, you will no longer be able to add Stealth accounts. However, installing and uninstalling the Stealth (XST) app from your device in the Manager will remain possible.
The Stealth team is adding support of Ledger hardware wallets with their desktop application: StealthSend Desktop. Once this support is available, you will be able to manage your XST accounts with Ledger devices using StealthSend Desktop.
Install the Stealth app on your Ledger device to manage XST with Ledger Live. The Stealth app is developed and supported by Ledger.
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Install the Bitcoin app, as it's required by Stealth.
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find Stealth in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing...
- The app installation is confirmed.
The Stealth app can export your extended public key (xpub) to web apps in a U2F compatible web browser (Chrome, Opera, or Firefox). The xpub is privacy-sensitive information, as all public addresses can be generated from it.
Public key exports by default require manual approval on the device to prevent inadvertent sharing of your public addresses. This setting can be configured as follows:
- Open the Stealth app.
- Navigate to Settings > Public key export approval.
- Choose one of two options:
- Manual approval (default): public key exports require a confirmation on the device.
- Auto approval: public key exports are automatically approved.
Stealth addresses start with an S. This is Stealth's only address format.
Stealth transactions are public information. Do not re-use your addresses for optimal privacy. Ledger Live automatically generates new addresses and keeps track of your previous ones. Previous addresses do remain valid, but they don't offer an optimal level of privacy.