The Gala team has executed an airdrop of the newly minted GALA (v2) tokens to the Ethereum (ETH) accounts of all GALA (v1) token holders.
As of now, the GALA (v2) token is supported in Ledger Live. It should automatically appear in your Ethereum account where your GALA (v1) tokens are.
Display issues with GALA in Ledger Live Mobile/Desktop
If you do not see your GALA token in Ledger Live, then follow the steps below:
- Users on Ledger Live Mobile: please ensure that your Ledger Live Mobile is updated to version 3.24 or above. The issue was fixed on both iOS and Android versions.
Alternatively, Zerion in Ledger Live is another way for you to visualize and manage your GALA balance. You will find Zerion in the Discover section of Ledger Live. You can also refer to the last section of this article to learn how to access your GALA via Metamask.
Right now, you can see two GALA ERC20 tokens in Ledger Live:
- Gala - the airdropped v2 version of GALA
- Gala (old) - the v1 version of GALA. This version has no $ value which is normal to avoid the wrong balance of overlapping GALA v1 and v2.
To avoid confusion between tokens, you can hide the Gala (old) token in Ledger Live:
- Click with right-click button on Gala (old).
- Click Hide token:
You can unhide tokens in Settings - Accounts - Hidden tokens.
Manage GALA with MetaMask
Alternatively, you can manage GALA with MetaMask, here are the steps to follow:
- Connect your Ledger device to Metamask. Instructions can be found here.
- After successfully connecting, you need to add the GALA token to Metamask. Please refer to the video tutorial below on how to do this. The contract address for GALA (v2) can be located here.
pGALA Holders on Binance Smart Chain
The Gala team has not guaranteed that holders of pGALA tokens on Binance Smart Chain will be eligible to receive the airdrop. For more information about pGALA, please contact the Gala team via their official Twitter account @GoGalaGames or contact their support team at https://support.gala.games/.