It's very easy to transfer or migrate your Ledger accounts to a new or different iPhone or Android phone, laptop, or computer. All you need to do is install the Ledger Live app on the new device and connect your Ledger device to it
Importantly, moving your accounts to a new device does not require the use of your 24-word recovery phrase. Beware of scams, an authentic Ledger Live app will never prompt you to input or share your recovery phrase.
Set up Ledger Live on another device
- Start by downloading and installing the Ledger Live app on your new phone or computer using this link.
- Once installed, start Ledger Live to begin the onboarding process.
- In the onboarding menu, select Connect your Nano under the Already have a recovery phrase section.
Ensure your Ledger device contains the recovery phrase that secures the accounts you wish to migrate.
- Finally, re-add your accounts one by one using your Ledger device.
If you already have your accounts in Ledger Live Desktop, you can import them by going to Settings > Accounts > Export accounts.
In Ledger Live Mobile:
- On the Wallet tab, scroll down and select See All Assets.
- Tap Plus sign on the top right-hand side of the app.
- Tap Import from Desktop.
- Scan the QR code. To get the QR code, open Ledger Live Desktop, go to Settings > Accounts > Export Accounts, and click Export.
- Select the accounts you want to import.
- Tap Import.
Otherwise, add them by following these instructions.