This article describes how to create your first Sui account with your Ledger device. Learn more about how to manage crypto assets with your Ledger device here.
Visit the Sui website to learn more about the project.
Before you start
- Download and install the latest version of Ledger live via this link.
- Make sure your Ledger device runs the latest firmware. Learn more.
- Install the Chrome browser on your computer.
Install the SUI app on your Ledger device
- Open My Ledger in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
- If asked, allow My Ledger on your Ledger device.
- Find Sui in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
Connect your Ledger to SUI network
- Close Ledger Live.
- Follow this link to add Sui Wallet to your Chrome browser.
- Once the wallet has been added to your browser, click Get Started.
- Click Create a New Wallet.
- Choose and confirm a password, tick the ToS box then select Create Wallet.
- Since we're using a Ledger device, there's no need to back up the recovery phrase provided by the Sui wallet. Check the box next to I saved my recovery phrase and then click on Open Sui Wallet.
- Click the hamburger icon to open the Settings menu.
- Click on Accounts.
- On your Ledger device, navigate to the Sui app then press both buttons simultaneously to open the app. Your Ledger screen should display the word: Sui.
- Select Connect Ledger Wallet.
- Click Continue then select your device and click Connect.
- Select an account then click Unlock.
- Your Ledger account appears in the app, click the X button to close the Settings.
- Crucially, click on the address shown at the top of the app and ensure that your Ledger account is selected. Your Ledger account will be the one with a Ledger tag displayed next to the address
- Click the Copy button to copy your Ledger Sui account address, and then use it to send funds to your Ledger wallet.
You're all done!