This tutorial describes how to access your Ledger Avalanche C-Chain (AVAX) account via MetaMask. Check the Avalanche wallet page to learn more.
Before you start
- Make sure to update Ledger Live to the latest version via this link.
- Open Ledger Live and connect your Ledger device to My Ledger to ensure that your Ledger device is running the latest firmware version.
- Ensure that the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app is installed on your Ledger device.
- Once you're all done, close Ledger Live as it can conflict with MetaMask.
Accessing your Ledger Avalanche C-Chain account via MetaMask
- Download and install the MetaMask extension in your browser by following these steps.
Open MetaMask and create a standalone MetaMask account as shown in this video.
In the next steps, you will add a second account to MetaMask: your Ledger Avalanche C-Chain account.
Once you're all set up, open MetaMask in your browser, click on the three dots icon, and select Expand view.
MetaMask opens in a tab that is easier to navigate.
- Connect MetaMask to the Avalanche Network by following these steps.
You will need the RPC data below:
Network Name: Avalanche Network
New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
Chain ID: 43114
Currency Symbol: AVAX
Block Explorer URL: https://snowtrace.io/
Plug your Ledger device into your computer and open the Ethereum (ETH) app on your device by navigating to the Ethereum icon and pressing both buttons simultaneously.
Your Ledger device displays Application is ready.
In MetaMask, navigate to Settings > Connect Hardware Wallet > Ledger, and click Continue.
After a brief moment, a list of account addresses appears.
Select an account by ticking the box. Then click Unlock.
Your Ledger Avalanche C-Chain account and balance appear in MetaMask.